INCIDENTAL FAILURE.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

What the fuck! So, they decide to compile a soundtrack to the movie "Control," the brilliant profile of the life of Joy Division's Ian Curtis. Ok. The soundtrack is filled with great original songs from the period, and some classic Joy Division songs... oh and one Joy Division cover... hmmm.... Sweet, I guess. I mean another Joy Division cover to top off the list of tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of Joy Division covers. The one stop shop for indie credability: a Joy Division cover. Who, pray tell, could be next on the long, tasteless, unoriginal, undistinguished list?

That'd be awesome if it was like the Bravery or the fucking Killers or some lame shit like that...
Wait, no fucking way!
You're kidding right?
What?
The Killers?!
The Fucking KILLERS!?
Oh, Christ I hate the Killers. Every time Brandon Flowers puts his hand on his hip and dips like "I'm a little teapot," I wanna fucking slap him.
The Killers?
How pathetic. Jeeezus.
So much respect and reverence for Ian Curtis and Joy Division, and they get The Killers to cover Shadowplay? Why don't they just get Fall Out Boy to do an acoustic massacre, I mean cover, of like the most covered song ever, by one of the most abused-by-cover band ever, "Love Will Tear us Apart." That'd really shine a light on the memory of Joy Division, really capture the song's spirit you know. Wait, what? No fuck! You have got to be kidding me. That's brilliant. Aww, this is awesome.



The only Joy DIvision covers I've ever liked were when Swing Kids did Warsaw and The Aisler's Set did Walked in Line for John Peel. I heard Xui Xui played a decent live cover of Ceremony, but have never heard it...

The fucking Killers though... man that's hilarious.

3 comments:

L O R I said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L O R I said...

i'm kind of really over people covering (period).

i'm sick of bands getting big off covers. i'm so sick of going to shows only to hear a cover song as the encore or part of the set in general.

i'm sick of rap artists "sampling".

i'm sick of old movies being remade "in a modern" way. almost every new movie out there these days is a remake of a great classic. they're never better, and don't do the originals justice at all. instead of remaking these great classics, they should be re-releasing these relics in theatres. part of what makes them classics is that they are timeless. we don't need ashton kutcher or billy bob thornton to butcher make it "modern".

i hate our generation. lazy-ass sons of bitches that can't even shit something original.

fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool. i'm out.

Janelle said...

When I lived in LA (I know that is a segue to every sentence out of my mouth) I learned that there is a very fuzzy and non-existent line between fine art and commercial art. Even the starving fine artist wants to sell a painting, he just doesn't sell as many for as much as the commercial artist. It's all show business whether you play at Scolari's or the House of Blues or Coors Amphitheater.