INCIDENTAL FAILURE.

Monday, October 1, 2007

The Red Room rules.

Back when I was in Long Beach for work, I went to a very cool bar called The Red Room. It was kind of small and divey, but not too filthy, just the way I like it. It seemed as though they knew their clientele and catered to them well. There were lot's of young "cool" people, skateboarders and the like, but not too hip. It wasn't a fashion show or a meat market, much more quiet and chill. Well, i think it was a Tuesday, so maybe that had something to do with it. Well on this particular tuesday night there were no meth addicts, no old timer day crowd residuals, no costumed postured hipsters posing, no hooting and hollering Fratboys insisting upon Jaeger shots. No, just giant glass mugs of domestic beer for 4 bucks and your choice of several skate videos playing on a loop. I watched the new Listen video "Viajero's Locos" video with Danny Montoya and Rob Gonzalez like 5 times over. It was pretty awesome. I guess on Sundays they let you bring in your iPod and let patrons Dj for 15 minutes at a time. What a killer idea. The bar is highly recommended!... just make sure it's a Tuesday, or I can't guarantee you'll enjoy it as much as I did.


All photos taken from The Red Room website

No comments: