INCIDENTAL FAILURE.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Scolari's is fucking dead!...?

Could this be the end of an era? Seriously, I leave town for a few days and return to find that my computer has taken a dump on me, and now this! What the fuck? I smell a boycott, I just wish the staff well. Chandra, T-Bone, Javi, Eric, Kocomo, Donny, Tony, Darrell, and everybody else... good luck.

a myspace bulletin from Scolari's office posted just minutes ago reads:

" ALL SHOWS CANCELLED AT THE OFFICE PLEASE READ!

I am so sad to have to post this bulletin. I just received a phone call telling me that all entertainment at Scolaris office has been cancelled. I have been told that it has something to do with complaints and police reports. The bar was recently sold, so I think this may be a major factor. I have expressed to the management how this will affect bands tour schedules and how much time, effort and money bands have put into playing at Scolaris. We are working on moving everything to another bar and will let you know as soon as something develops.

Bands, please feel free to message me and I will do my best to find you somewhere to play. Unfortunately due to the number of bands that this will affect I can't guarantee anything"

Reactions so far:
Matt S. (Bartender's Bible, The Long and Short of It):

"It was only a matter of time, but the yuppies win again. All I can say is fuck Bar Dynamite, fuck the developers, and fuck anyone who bought one of those hideous condos. "

The Dissimilars:


"To the new owners of Scolari's Office and the residents of the condos across the street:

Suck our dicks.

Love,
The Dissimilars"

Death on Mars:

"This is truly a shame. That place is an institution in the local and national music scene, as many of us know. Hopefully something can happen to continue the tradition of being a kickass place to see, hear and experience what live music is all about. Viva Scolari's Office!!!"

My reaction on behalf of Batwings:

"What the fuck are we going to do now!?

We had a show booked for the 16th of February that we were very excited for. We had confirmed Channing Cope (which now features Brandon Relf from Sleeping People on drums!), Totally Serious (members of Bad Dudes), The Evening Episode (members of An Angle and Scene Index), and us. It was to be a special occasion for us too, as we would be joined by our former guitarist Todd Price on stage for the very last time. WHAT THE FUCK!

Please, if you have any ideas about how to save this show, let us know. At very least, we need to find another show for The Evening Episode, who will be on tour at the time.

www.myspace.com/theeveningepisode

if T-Bone and Chandra get canned, there will be no reason to ever go back to Scolari's Office."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

seriously. WTF?! i second the motion for a boycott.

we can't lose anymore SD venues.

Modern Wolf said...

Another reaction from Tim Nelson (Syndicate)

"A moment of silence for scolari's office. or to most of us "the office" or just plain old scolari's. the new owners of the bar have canceled all shows. god they suck! i have had my last tall pbr there already and didn't even know it? bastards. i even met my wife there. what will become of all this. and fuck bar dynamite! so long scolari's office."

Modern Wolf said...

The Evening Episode:

"I'm going to take a moment in homage to a national institution namely being Scolari's Office, that has recently canceled all of its entertainment indefinitely due to new ownership (dicks). Many musical acts across the country have considered Scolari's a rites of passage to play, and some would prefer to play there more than anywhere else, mainly due the all night free drinks, a HUGE chunk of the bar as payment, while still keeping the door free. Rest in peace, my prince, rest in peace."

Anonymous said...

Hi,


My name is Rosa Jurjevics and I'm currently working on an article exploring the recent trend of San Diego bar buyouts, their pros and cons and what patrons think of the changes. I saw your post mourning the loss of Scolari's and am wondering if you might be interested in being interviewed for the piece or know someone who might.

I can be reached at rosajurjevics@gmail.com; I look forward to hearing from you.